The Cedar Falls Convention and Event Center at the Hilton Garden Inn is committed to providing accessibility in our spaces and enhancing our guest experience. For additional information on accessibility features, please contact us directly at (319) 266-6611.
General accessibility features of the property include:
- Accessible elevator.
- Automatically-opening lobby entrance door with 72-inch opening.
- Accessible front desk is 47 feet from accessible hotel entrance.
- No abrupt level changes on routes through property.
- Accessible tables in dining areas.
- Accessible public restrooms in lobby.
- Closed-captioned TVs in lobby.
- 82-inch wide interior hallways.
- Licensed service animals allowed.
- TTY phones available.
- Assistive listening devices available.
- Strobe and audible smoke/carbon monoxide alarms in common areas.
- Braille information on elevator controls, room access. panels, and common area room entries.
- Ability to accept special packages in advance for medical needs.
- Refrigerate medication while your room is being prepared.
- Provide an extension cord to allow for easier access to electricity.
Parking accessibility includes:
- Ten accessible parking spaces and signage for car and van parking are located in the main parking lot, adjacent to the accessible guestrooms and front lobby.
- The accessible parking spaces are how 92 inches wide.
- The accessible route from the parking area allows for approaching and entering the hotel main lobby and guestrooms easily.
Accessible guestroom features include:
- Accessible 34-inch wide guestroom doorways.
- Accessible thermostat, window coverings and lighting controls.
- Minimum of 30 inches between queen beds.
- Bed height is 25 inches from floor to top of mattress.
- Bed frames that can accommodate use of a transfer hoist or Hoyer lift.
- Audible and visible telephone ring indicators.
- Strobe and audible smoke/carbon monoxide alarms.
- Closed-captioned TVs.
- Lowered peep holes.
- Lowered closet rods.
- Accessible one king room guestroom baths feature:
- Roll-in shower with fixed shower seat and hand-held shower wand.
- Grab bars located on back wall and adjacent wall.
- Bathrooms allow for 60-degree turn or T-turn.
- Toilet seats are 18 inches high and have grab bars behind and on the side.
- Unobstructed sinks.
- Accessible three double queen guestroom baths feature:
- Tubs with removable shower seats and hand held shower wands.
- Grab bars are located around the entire tub enclosure.
- Toilet Seats are 18 inches high and have grab bars behind and on the side.
- Unobstructed sinks.
Accessible property routes include:
- From the parking area to the front desk:
- From the accessible parking spaces please proceed 21 feet to the covered entrance of the main building then through the automatic door to the front lobby. The front desk is 47 feet from the entrance.
- From the accessible guestrooms to the lobby is 66 feet.
- From accessible guestrooms to the pool is 36 feet.
- From accessible guestrooms to the event center is 186 feet.
The staff at the Cedar Falls Convention and Event Center at the Hilton Garden Inn are committed to your comfort and safety. We wish to ensure the best experience for all of our guests. Please don't hesitate to reach the front desk at (912) 233-1011 with any questions.